Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, June 11, 2010

Let's Make This Last Forever

Just recently my boyfriend decided to take me horseback riding... then a day or two following, he told me he wanted to go rock climbing. In all seriousness I asked him if he had been diagnosed with a disease or something life threatening would be happening because he had never discussed horseback riding or rock climbing with me... ever. 


He told me no, but that he wanted to do everything and anything that pops into his mind. I mean we're only on this earth for a short period of time, so why not just do whatever our hearts desire. We have to get over our fears, push our excuses aside and just do what we want. Because one day we might not be able to get off the couch or out of the house, whether it has to do with children, money, or old age. 


So I jumped into the challenge with a fearful, yet open mind. I quickly got over my fears once I realized that S was by my side, whether it was on the horse next to me, or down below as I climbed the wall. We not only motivated ourselves, but we motivated each other. 


I guess it's just something that occurs when you're in love with your best friend. You want to push him/her to do their best and achieve all their goals no matter what fears they have. 


I loved these experiences and intend on more to come. Especially now that we're writing lists of everything we want to accomplish in life, a list I hope to post on here when we review it together on Sunday. I mean life's short.. why not have a little fun? ;] which is exactly what we hope to have. 






Sombrero - S's horse & Trace - My horse





5 comments:

  1. This post made me think; your boyfriend is right. Life is too short and we should do is much as we can. Reading this I was thinking I love horse riding but I haven't been for ages, I'm definitely going to change that.
    I just discovered your blog by the way, its lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! and yes you should! It was my first time, but I absolutely loved it [besides the part where my butt hurt after haha]

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness this is so cool!! and your boyfriend is right! life is short.. we should live it to the fullest..
    love all you adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life most certainly is short, good job on making the most of it!

    http://lifeisthemessyparts-jennifer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks chelsea & jennifer :] everyone should take advantage of life !

    ReplyDelete