Dear John comes out this Friday. I cannot wait to see it. I read the book a year or two ago and absolutely fell in love with the story, as well as the characters. I put myself in Savannah's shoes, and also John's. Having to leave the one you love for the army. Although it's hard to imagine that feeling, I understood the pain.
Writing letters just to feel connected; unable to hear the other's voice, unable to touch their body, kiss their lips.
Has anybody been through this and knows what it feels like first hand? If so, please share your story of inspiration or hope. I would love to hear it.
Will anyone be seeing the movie? I know I will! Let me know your opinions.











well i haven't read the book or really heard of the movie until i saw a few people post about it. i researched what a dear john letter was, so sad.
ReplyDeletemy bf and i were in a long distance thing and my favorite part was getting his letter every day (e-mails really, but those are just details). I have them all printed out now in a box. He just has a way with words. i loved these letter when i couldn't see him, or hear him as much as i wanted to, and i feel like true love can really blossom from words. and yes i will be seeing the movie, maybe i'll even read the book!
that's an amazing story. Are you guys no longer long distance?
ReplyDeleteI would suggest reading the book before seeing the movie. Although you will know what happens at the end, the books seems to always be better than the movie, in my opinion. :]
I can not wait to see this movie! I should have probably read the book first, but I haven't had much time for recreational reading lately.
ReplyDeletei saw it guys. it was amazing but definitely not as good as the book.
ReplyDelete