So I'm sitting here watching the Subway Series, of course rooting for my Mets. Unfortunately, I cannot get comfortable, due to the fact that I took a Cardio Kickboxing class with my one of my best friends, Hayley, on Friday. It was intense, but we kept up. I worked out muscles that I haven't worked out in awhile. I thought I was sore when I did CKO Kickboxing, but I think this might've been worse. I hope to attend this class every Friday, since it's free on campus.
I also want to try and find the time to attend a yoga class. I wouldn't mind getting certified to teach yoga, and have been thinking about how this deep relaxation is of any benefit to children. At my preschool I get frustrated at times, and need to take a couple deep breathes, in which I also inform the children to do the same. I also tell the children to take deep breathes when they get angry with another child, or angry in general and it usually works.
I've learned that children need an outlet to channel their energy. They get angry easily and usually resort to violence. They need to learn, especially at an earlier age, where to channel this energy, because as the years go on, they will be watching more T.V and playing more video games that ensue violence is the answer to all problems. Therefore, by doing yoga, children will know how to control this anger and learn to relax.
In order to do this, I need to become certified, which would be just another thing to add to my plate, but hey ya only live life once right? So why not take all the chances you can get.








I have only done Yoga a couple times but loved it! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!! That is awesome that you got to meet Emily Giffin! I love her!
ReplyDelete