Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, June 17, 2010

An Adventurous Sunday

Well many things happened these last couple of days that I need to dedicate to individual posts. First though, I wanted to post about a recent trip my boyfriend and I took, spontaneously. 


Saturday night, June 12th, my boyfriend told me he wanted to go to the Mets game on Sunday. He then proceeded to tell me that the Mets were playing in Baltimore, Maryland, against the Orioles. I was quick to hesitate as to whether we should take the 3 1/2 hour drive down there, especially when the game started at 1, in which we needed to leave by 6:30 A.M in order to get to early enough to grab some lunch beforehand. So needless to say, after much convincing, my boyfriend and I began our day trip. 


The car ride the morning of wasn't too bad, after he got me out of bed. I mean 6:30 A.M is a wee bit too early for me during the summer. I like to try and sleep in on the days I can because lately with school and work I've had no time to sleep in. Anyways... the car ride consisted of me sleeping.. through pretty much all of it. haha whoops. When we go there, we parked and began to walk around Inner Harbor, which is absolutely beautiful and made me want to move there the second I saw it. However, I've heard Baltimore isn't the best city to live in, especially at night. But that's besides the point. 








[best B&N ever! right on the water!]

After exploring the city for a little, we then headed over to Camden Yards for the Mets v. Orioles game.



When we were let into the ballpark at 11:30, we quickly found out that we weren't allowed into the actual ballpark until 12:00. We could only buy from the concessions stands. It was quite annoying when we were trying to catch the batting practice, hence the reason why we came so early. However, we still enjoyed ourselves at the ballpark. The food [burgers and fries] were excellent. 


The only bad thing about our trip was the weather. It was over 90 degrees, and for two people who forgot sunscreen and were wearing black/capri sweats, it was killer. I seriously don't know how we made it. We ended up sunburnt just a tad on our faces and arms. The good thing about my skin is that it quickly turned into a tan, so now I'm a nice bronze color :] 













The Mets eventually took the win! We were so happy, not only did we get to enjoy a new stadium [and mark it off our list], but we also got to see our team win. I don't want to bore you with the billion pictures  we took, but above are just a few that capture parts of the game. 

After the game we enjoyed dinner at Phillips, which is famous for their crab. My boyfriend had steak [of course] and I had a caesar salad with crab cake. It was delicious! I actually tried Mussels. I was so nervous, but I'm glad I did it. See I'm following through with this list we have, trying new foods. 







The way back home took 5 hours because of traffic. What could've been miserable, ended up being extremely fun. 

I think everyone should take road trips like this one. Not only does it bring two individuals closer, but it's a great experience. 

2 comments:

  1. How fun! All of your pictures are great, I'm glad you were able to take this spontaneous trip!

    ReplyDelete