[She's the one all the way on the left!]
Prior to dinner, I gave her the presents I had gotten her, after the most difficult shopping adventure. I decided I wanted to get her a J.LO purse from Kohl's, to go along with the J.LO boots that my brother bought for her. So I went to Kohl's and after much deliberation picked up a cute brown wristlet that had a wallet built right in it! I thought how cute right? [click here to see] I also got a card and a bag. I went to the register, and decided to pay half cash and half with my debit card. I gave her the cash, and tried to slide my debit card through the machine. It kept getting declined and I had no idea why. I just checked before I left the house and I had more money in there than the total. I embarrassingly told the lady and she told me she'd give me my cash back, but that I should call the card company. I called and I was told after being put on hold for at least 10 minutes, that my card was thought to be the victim of fraud and that they cancelled it. I couldn't believe it; I was thankful that they closed the account, but I was so upset that no one had emailed me or called me about it! Thankfully I got a new card the next day, but this put me in a dilemma, I needed to get my mom a birthday gift. Luckily Sal came to the rescue and picked up the gifts while I went to class. I am so grateful for that and I'm happy my mom got to have the birthday she deserved.
[Family Picture without my Brother]
I also picked my mom up a makeup bag from MAC, in which I used gift cards for, one gift card that was a present from me last year that she had never used and another gift card that I would probably never use [I'm not into paying top dollar for makeup]. And how could I not pick her up, or I should say have Sal pick her up, Keurig coffee cups, Dunkin Donuts to be precise! She loved it, especially during that brutal snow storm that we just had... yes the weekend before Halloween. It was intense.
Not only did she receive all those fabulous gifts, but I also made her apple fritters and apple fritter cupcakes, which could be found on my baking blog - click here!
I was so happy that I got to spend the night with my mother, and that she had a great night out with family and friends. Next year she turns a BIG number, so we're going to have to do something even bigger! I cannot wait. I love you mom and thank you for all you've done for me!








No comments:
Post a Comment