Prior to starting my internship I began working out and eating healthier. Though I didn't document everything I ate, I made sure I ate three meals a day, with a few healthy snack in between. I also make sure I carry my Brita Water Bottle every where I go, ensuring that I drink plenty of water. I also made sure I weighed myself once a week, every monday morning - since it's better to weigh yourself in the morning rather than at night after you just ate.
Workout Plan - I went on the Treadclimber in my basement every day, walking for 1 mile, which took me about 20 minutes. It helps when you have a great playlist to listen to. I prefer listening to IHeartRadio on my Iphone, blasting country music. I also started to work out specifically on my abs & legs/butt one day and the next on my abs and arms. I took workouts from Dalis Connell, Teen Mom's Ryan Edward's girlfriend, who is not only a model, but also a physical therapy and personal training major at Tennessee Tech University. Her workouts are seriously amazing, especially for those of you who don't have money or time to go to the gym - try these workouts out! She even includes tips on how to eat healthier and how to do certain movements in the workout.
Here's the Ab Workout -
75 regular crunches
25 crunches with legs to one side
25 crunches with legs to the other side
25 bicycles
& 50 flutters.
25 crunches with legs to one side
25 crunches with legs to the other side
25 bicycles
& 50 flutters.
Butt & Leg Workout -
20 Air Squats
15 Lunges
Fast Leg Mountain Climber for 30 seconds
& repeat that 3 times!
Mountain climbers are when both hands and feet are on the ground, butt up, and kick your feet up one at a time (kind of like running in place with both hands and feet on the ground) as fast as you can! If it's not tiring and doesn't hurt, you're not doing it right!
Other quick at home workouts for your butt:
This is silly, but BURNS. TRUST ME.
Get on both hands and knees.. and lift your leg up like you're a dog peeing on a fire hydrant.
Repeat that action 25 times with both legs.
After you do both legs, do that action, but when your leg is up in the air, KICK IT OUT.
Repeat that 25 times on both legs.
Do both of those, 25 on each leg.. 3 sets!
15 Lunges
Fast Leg Mountain Climber for 30 seconds
& repeat that 3 times!
Mountain climbers are when both hands and feet are on the ground, butt up, and kick your feet up one at a time (kind of like running in place with both hands and feet on the ground) as fast as you can! If it's not tiring and doesn't hurt, you're not doing it right!
Other quick at home workouts for your butt:
This is silly, but BURNS. TRUST ME.
Get on both hands and knees.. and lift your leg up like you're a dog peeing on a fire hydrant.
Repeat that action 25 times with both legs.
After you do both legs, do that action, but when your leg is up in the air, KICK IT OUT.
Repeat that 25 times on both legs.
Do both of those, 25 on each leg.. 3 sets!
Arm Workout -
5 Pushups
8 Dips
15 Dumbbell Curls (instead of dumbbells, use waterbottles!) Repeat this circuit 3 times!
If this is too easy for you, up the reps!
8 Dips
15 Dumbbell Curls (instead of dumbbells, use waterbottles!) Repeat this circuit 3 times!
If this is too easy for you, up the reps!
If you don't feel the burn from these workouts, you've either been working out for awhile, or you're not doing it right! The first week I did this I went from 118.8lbs to 115.8 lbs. I lost three pounds in one week just by going on the treadclimber everyday, working out my abs, and working out my legs/butt and arms every other day. I'm not doing this to lose weight though, I want to tone up, and look food for the summer.
However, since my internship I haven't been able to work out like I've done during the first week. I don't have the energy, however, I always try and do the ab workout, because that's the part of my body that I am most worried about in a bikini!
Today I weigh 116.8lbs, probably because I was sick on Friday - but that's besides the point. I'm not here to talk about my weight, just to say that it's possible to workout, stay in shape, and eat healthy!
Try it - you won't regret it. I'm hoping to have more time soon to continue my workout and get ready for the summer.








my muscles ache just looking at this workout! haha. go girl!
ReplyDeleteOh it's intense alright ! And perfect for anyone that wants to start getting into shape! :)
Delete