Sal and I attended a baby shower a few weeks ago, for a baby who's gender was unknown. To me it's unusual now-a-days that parents don't find out the gender of their baby. In my opinion, I don't think I could wait 9 months to find out, and would need to know as soon as the doctors could tell me. While I think it's an amazing experience to find out that day, I just don't think I have the patience.
I was so excited when I found out we were invited to his coworker's wife's baby shower. They're hispanic, so they invite both men and women to their parties, no matter what. I wouldn't do it for my own baby showers, but I thought it was really great to have the men involved, and they even played a game - chug beer from a baby bottle the fastest and you win a prize! There were other games like gift bingo and measuring her belly, which made the party that much better. The food was even great, especially the dessert, ice cream, which is my favorite!
Sal's coworker threw this party as a surprise for his wife... on his birthday! It was so sweet, and she was so surprised! She cried, and was speechless. What was even more amazing, was that he had a mariachi band come out and play a couple of songs in Spanish for her. Seriously... a mariachi band! Beautiful music came and filled the room, that had already been filled with so much love.
Just hit play.
Sal didn't win the beer bottle chugging game, but he did win the Gift Bingo - and received a piggy bank! We had a great day, and it definitely made me think about when I bring a little baby into the world! It's such an exciting time in a person's life, and I couldn't be more happy for the couple!













No comments:
Post a Comment