Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 25, 2010

Creative Crepes

I signed up for a Creative Crepes class at a local Adult School, paid $35.00 a person, and was ready to learn October 21st, Thursday night.


My dad and I had originally planned to go together, but unfortunately he a last minute business trip that he had to take care of Wednesday and Thursday. Therefore, I decided to bring Sal as my replacement cooking buddy.


The night started off quite terribly. We thought we were at the right place, but I had read it wrong. We finally ended up at the right place, 15 minutes late. The class had already started when we walked in. Fortunately the teacher was very friendly and got us started right away.


First the teacher made us try crepes. We picked what we wanted inside; bananas and chocolate chips for me, turkey and cheese for Sal. The teacher told us that whatever you can put in a sandwich, you can make even tastier by putting in a crepe. I have to say, it was delicious.


Then it was time for Sal and I to make our own crepe batter. Of course, Sal had to show off with his cooking skills by cracking eggs the appropriate way and flipping the crepes in the pan. It was quite a show to watch and I enjoyed it. You could tell he enjoyed it too by the way he was smiling when everyone made a big deal out of what he was doing and all eyes were on him.


I was pretty good at it too though, but I did learn a lot. In the end we got to take home our crepes.


I enjoyed taking the class because it gave Sal and I something to bond over. I love to bake, and he loves to cook, so we can learn a little from each other.


We get to mark another thing off our list - Cooking Class!


Want the recipe for the basic crepe? Visit here!

1 comment:

  1. It is really nice that the class worked so well for you and Sal yes crepes are tasty and thank you for popping over to my blog and commenting. Cheers from Audax in Sydney Australia.

    ReplyDelete