Although I'm not a mother, and although I don't know any preemies at this moment in my life, I have this strong bond with March of Dimes. This year was the first year I walked to fight for premature babies and their mothers. Together, with my team, we raised almost $2,000 to help premature babies, as well as to help educate their mothers on how to lessen the chances of this happening to their child.
I am blogging about Prematurity Awareness Month and fighting for babies, because they are unable to fight for themselves.
Objective:
Every year, 20 million babies are born too soon, too small and very sick-half a million of them in the U.S. November 17th is when we fight!
Today is the day in which we remember, honor, and/or celebrate special babies. I know not only money needs to be raised, but education in America, as well as around the world needs to be raised. Therefore, I have been searching for a way other than the March of Dimes/March for Babies Fund. Just recently I have changed my major, as most of you know to Child Life Specialist, in which I will assist doctors and nurses in making the hospital a quick and painless process for children. I will not only help them through play, both therapeutic and non-therapeutic, but I will also assess their development and their ability to cope, depending on their situation and treatment. I have also just recently became a volunteer with the Make-a-Wish-Foundation.
I want to help in any way I can, and if spreading the word helps, I will do it.
Please look into donating, or even volunteering for this amazing fundraiser. If you are unable to, please just take this with you: Everyday an unnecessary large amount of babies are born premature, you can stop this just by spreading the word that there are places for mothers who need education or advice about pregnancy. This can be stopped. Babies need a chance to live full, healthy lives. Why not give them a chance?









Kristyn, you are awesome. Thank you for this post, for helping to spread the word about the seriousness of premature birth, and for your support of the March of Dimes. Good luck with all your future efforts.
ReplyDeleteIt was my pleasure to post this! Thank you for your kind words. I look forward to continuing my dedication to March of Dimes!
ReplyDelete