Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas of 2010

Every year, since my aunt passed away, my family has hosted Christmas Eve at my house. This year my brother and I went to Target and purchased a bunch of things to decorate the house in order to surprise our mom and dad. Since I was baking the desserts, I decided to decorate the dessert table, while my brother decorated the fireplace and living room.



A bowl with ornaments, NOEL sign, two snowflake bowls with candy canes & hershey kisses, a candle [or two], a cheers plate, a snowman plate, and a cupcake tree holder; as well as a festive tablecloth. 


Desserts too!


Holly Cupcakes - Recipe on my Baking Blog 

Red Velvet Whoopie Pies with Peppermint Cream Cheese Filling  
- Recipe on my Baking Blog

Grandma's Cookies - Secret Recipe

Pumpkin Roll

I have to say, I loved decorating my table, as well as baking most of what was on it. It was great to hear what people had to say about what I baked, mostly good things. However, I think the next time I make the Red Velvet Whoopie Pies, I'm not going to use cocoa powder. I've been told it was just too much chocolate. 

I feel like the morning dragged on, but once everyone got to my house, the night flew by. Everyone arrived by 6:00 P.M and were gone by 10:30/11:00 P.M. 





There were a few that stayed until about 1:00 A.M, and we were busy having a great time to even notice how late it was getting. 





Santa would be stopping by with presents soon, and my brother and I [still little kids at heart] wanted to get to bed and wake up and jump on our parents bed. 




I really rather just give presents to my parents and brother, instead of receiving any. However, I did receive gifts that can help me re-decorate my room, and I'm rather excited about that. My parents best present from my brother and I was a collage of professional pictures we had done of the both of us. They loved it so much they ended up crying!


Santa left Sal cowboy boots. He absolutely loved them, and put them on the minute he got them. Sal gave me a beautiful Skeleton Key necklace from ETSY and a Television, which was a huge upgrade from my older television.

I'd say this Christmas was rather successful, and memorable to say the least. 


Even my dog had a great christmas! ;]

No comments:

Post a Comment