Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, December 18, 2010

A House Fit For Us

12.17.07. It honestly seems like just yesterday that Sal asked me to go out with him, while we were ice skating on a frozen baseball/soccer field. And yet, three years has passed already. Yesterday was our three year anniversary [wow]. We joke around saying that we're surprised we haven't killed each other yet; because we're honestly a lot to handle, and together we're even worse [haha]. We joke around way too much, and we're both stubborn as anything. So it's quite interesting to be around us. 

So, unlike our past anniversaries, which Sal has gone all out on each and every time, we decided to have a relaxing quiet night. I had work until 6 and Sal didn't get out of work until about 8ish. We went to Target with my brother and his girlfriend, who are home from college [ yippe!!!] and bought gingerbread houses to make. We wanted to have a contest to see who could make the better gingerbread house. I knew the night was going to be great, as soon as people started staring at us laughing so hard in Target.  It started off quite funny, and it only got funnier...

Considering there were two different houses in the box, I chose the one above.

While Sal chose the bigger one, with the broken tree.



Sal's gingerbread house still looks descent, but when he got out the whipped cream, I knew we were in for a good laugh. 


The whipped cream didn't just end up of the gingerbread house, but also on...

my brother...


his girlfriend & ....

Sal

I was actually the first one with whipped cream on the face, but since I had the camera, no pictures were taken. 



Yesterday wasn't about how much money was spent, or where we went, or even what clothes we were wearing, it was about being together, and bonding as individuals. Over these past three years, I've learned that you can't stop someone from being who he/she is, especially when those characteristics you were trying to stop, were the ones you fell in love with in the first place. Not only that but when you let loose a little, and not try to be so perfect all the time or have everything go your way, it night ends up exactly how you pictured it anyways, just with a lot less stress. 

I can't really explain to anyone how much this boy really means to me. Sure we fight, but what healthy couple doesn't? He's seriously my best friend, and I would have no idea who to tell all of my stories to. He's always there for me with open ears, whenever I need to talk, which could be for hours. I am so thankful I have him in my life. These past three years would not have been as joyous, fun, or exciting without him. 

I love you Sal.


Even if you can't make a gingerbread house... there's always room at mine :]



No comments:

Post a Comment