Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Steak 'n Shake

Whenever I would visit my family in Florida, I would make sure that I stopped at Steak 'n Shake while I was down there because unfortunately, there were none in or near New Jersey. I would always get the same thing while I was there - the steak burger, fries, and a cookie dough shake. Anyone that knows me, knows that I am obsessed with all things cookie dough - ice cream, cookie batter, shakes... everything. The steak burgers are cooked perfectly, the fries are thin and crispy, and the cookie dough shakes are to die for.

Maybe it was a good thing that the only way I could eat a burger and fries was if I was headed to Florida, that way I wasn't tempted to eat it all of the time. Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on the way you look at it, they built a Steak 'n Shake in NYC, and while I tried to plan many trips out there, I was never able to go. It wasn't until months later that I found out that they had put a Steak 'n Shake in a nearby mall in NJ! I was psyched, okay maybe psyched isn't the best word... I was beyond psyched, just ask my boyfriend. I immediately told him we needed to go, and eventually we did! I was so excited, but so nervous that it wouldn't taste just as good as I had remembered it in Florida. We ordered, sat down, and when we took our first bite it didn't taste the same... it tasted better! The shake had to be my favorite part by far.


Now I don't eat burgers and fries all that often because I'm usually eating lean, clean, and green, and a burger with fries and a shake definitely isn't great for you, but everything is okay in moderation! Sal and I sat there and savored our meals, and then afterwards we walked around the mall. It was great being able to spend time with him, enjoy a meal and then 'workout' without even realizing it, afterwards. It would have been worse if we ate and then went home and laid around. I'd consider our night successful, and I haven't been tempted to go back there in the weeks that followed, but writing this post makes me want to go back, at least for the shake!


While I don't recommend eating at fast food restaurants, I do recommend at least trying Steak 'n Shake if there's one in your area. Just don't let it become a daily or weekly occurrence. Remember - everything in moderation.

No comments:

Post a Comment