When I'm out on that field, my mind is focused, more focused than it has been in school or during an important conversation. I can't hear anyone or anything, except the sound of the ball hitting the bat.
Considering I've been playing since I was 5, I can play pretty much anywhere, except catcher [although I have tried once]. I can honestly say I prefer the outfield. Many people might say outfield is where the ones who can't play infield go, but they're wrong. Those who have the speed and ability to catch play in the outfield. I feel like such a huge help to the team when I catch the ball, whether it be the last out or the first.
Not to brag, but I can hit the ball well. Of course, like tonight I get excited up at the plate and want to hit the ball far, so I reach for it, but other than that I hit the ball and ran the bases quite well.
My team also played exceptionally well, because I mean, there's no 'I' in team. Therefore, with everyone playing great, we won! 13-8.
After the game we went to the local bar [I can't legally drink yet, so I enjoyed a Sprite, haha].
Myself & Our Awesome Short Stop
Part of the Team
This is our second win and our third game.
I'm actually surprised at myself that I haven't blogged about the other games. The first game was a disaster. It should be called practice on our team's part, because we hadn't played in a year. We lost 27-0. It was quite sad. I could barely do anything to help because I showed up late. In the first inning they had scored 15 runs. It was simply unbearable. Thankfully our second game was much better and actually occurred while my mom was away. We won 6-2.
So overall our team is playing great, not yet exceptional, but I have high hopes.
Sad to say though, I will be going on vacation on the 19th till the 29th, with my boyfriend, brother, & his girlfriend, to visit our family in Florida. I will miss three games. Had I remembered I had softball, I probably wouldn't have scheduled a vacation right in the middle, but hey shit happens.










No comments:
Post a Comment