I remember why I fell in love with him.
We've been arguing a lot lately. Petty little arguments, the kind in which you can't remember why you were fighting only an hour later. Yeah, it's been pretty rough. We're both to blame though.
But tonight, things were different.
We didn't fight. We spent the night together [as planned]. We didn't need to be doing anything extravagant, or expensive. We just hung out 'watching' the Mets game :] Then we ate; after dinner we went for a late night swim. Just floating around in the water, I could feel us bind as one. That connection that brought us together in the first place, was back instantly, even after almost 3 years. It was simply amazing. I remembered why I fell in love with him in the first place.
He's absolutely hysterical & loads of fun. He's my best friend. We crack up at things that others just wouldn't understand. Whether it was remembering 'way back when,' getting the bugs out of the water, or dunking each other, the smiles on our face said it all. We were in love, no matter what. There was nothing that we couldn't overcome, together. We had way more than anyone, we had each other.
Sometimes I think back on the day that my father told me [before my boyfriend and I were dating] that he could tell just by the way he was looking at me that he was in love with me. Of course it scared him, knowing that a boy had that kind of love for his lil girl, but it was also comforting to know he was going to make her happy, or at least try ;] Ha. Anyways, I felt that look upon me tonight once again. I missed it.
I just can't believe I let the little things in life get to me and I couldn't just enjoy him for him.
[Picture Taken - 6.4.10]
P.S I love you - Sal, forever.








So sweet... cherish all of the special times.
ReplyDeleteAw what a sweet post!
ReplyDelete