Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year, New Resolutions

New Year's Eve was spent very low key with my family, relatives, and of course Sal. I figured we had so much alcohol left over from Christmas Eve, it would just make sense to stay home. Plus the prices to actually go out to a bar or a club were atrocious. While I baked [using my new BabyCakes maker!!], my mom set up the games that we would play. Once everyone arrived we enjoyed some desserts, drinks, and board games like Apples to Apples, Scattegories, and even card games like 'Screw Your Neighbor.' We tried playing Scene It: Comedy Movies, but by then everyone was having too good of a time to want to sit there and play games. 


Using My BabyCakes Maker - Cupcakes from the Box

&




Chocolate Cookie Dough Truffles - Recipe soon found on my Baking Blog

So we went downstairs, and were ready to watch the ball drop. Before we knew it we were counting down.. 10... 9... 


8... 7...


 6... 5...


 4... 3...


 2... 1


HAPPY NEW YEAR ! 





We all screamed and shared our love, as we participated in good luck traditions. Hopefully this year will be a much better year for my family, than last year. It's quite personal, but my family in fact went through tough times. I'm actually thankful though, because we grew extremely close because of it. 


If I learned one thing in 2010 it's this ... it's not about where you are, what you're doing, or the amount of time you spend... it's about being with, and surrounding yourself with those who you love, and love you in return. Nothing can ever compare to being with loved ones, and enjoying oneself. I wouldn't trade these moments for anything. 


Last year, I set goals for myself ... I wanted to become a more organized person, as well as a more productive one. I also wanted to get more in shape, and volunteer more often. Now although I haven't gotten in shape [I can't believe a year has gone by and I haven't flattened my stomach! ugh], I have attended the gym, took kickboxing, and jogged a couple of times throughout the year. I have become more organized, and also extremely productive. I not only volunteer for the March of Dimes Organization, still, I also just recently became a volunteer for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. I'm also going to begin volunteering at a local hospital in the Child Life Department. So overall I had an extremely productive year.


This year I hope to:


  • Exercise Daily
  • Blog More
  • Volunteer More
  • Begin Writing My Book
  • Travel
  • Bake
  • Laugh & Smile More Often
What are your New Year's Resolutions?

1 comment: