Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, April 25, 2011

Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban: Book Review

I have been putting off the book reviews for awhile, and I'm not quite sure why. I've already on Book 6 of the Harry Potter series and yet here I am reviewing Book 3. I will make sure this never happens again, no worries !

Synopsis from Barnes and Noble:

Kids of all ages -- even adults! -- have fallen under Harry Potter's spell. And now, following the phenomenal success of  Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, the young wizard-in-training has returned for his third year at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry -- and more exciting, magical adventures. This time, a dangerous escaped convict is on the loose -- a reputed madman with a mysterious tie to Harry's past. Harry's life is in danger, and his sorcery skills are tested to the limit. Can he catch the criminal and discover the truth?



My Review:


I have to say this book was extremely well written, and definitely caught me off guard. I didn't suspect Sirius Black to be innocent of killing those people, nonetheless, Harry's Godfather! The part of the book that I enjoyed the most was the fight in the Shrieking Shack, Black and Lupin against Pettigrew, a long time friend. Having to crawl under the Whomping Willow to get there, Harry, Ron and Hermione embark on another long, but adventurous experience. And although they fight their best, Harry's heart gets the best of him again, and although he thinks he's doing the right thing by trying to get Black's name cleared of the charges against him, with the help of Pettigrew as evidence, Pettigrew escapes and he has to help Black escape from the death sentence. This part definitely caused me to want to read more of the Harry Potter Series, and definitely caused me to rethink everything and anything that occurs at Hogwarts. 


My Rating: 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment