Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, April 17, 2011

March of Dimes/March for Babies 2011

I'm walking in the March for Babies Walk again this year. Last year I formed of team of family members, and friends, and together, we raised almost $2,000.00 for the organization, and therefore, came in 5th place as a Family Team. We were presented with a plaque at the awards ceremony, and it is now hung in my room for all visitors to see. I could not have been more proud of my team, and the effort they put into fundraising.

This year I have a smaller team, thus far, but I still hope to raise over $1,000.00. We are walking on May 1st, and I cannot wait. I'm not a premie, nor do I have any family members, or any friends who have been premies to my knowledge. However, my cousin has been affected twice, having had two miscarriages. I feel for her, and know that she has endured much pain, and I'm hoping that by raising money and walking with the team this year, she will see how many people are in or have been in the same boat as her. I know she can and will be strong enough to move past this, not entirely of course, but just enough.

If you can, please donate to this amazing cause and help mothers every where have a full-term pregnancy, and give babies a healthy start at life. You seriously don't know how thankful I am.

Thank you.

March of Dimes - [ M.O.D Friends ]

No comments:

Post a Comment