Synopsis According to Barnes & Noble:
An unforgettable story about the complex choices women make for love, motherhood, and family—and the unexpected events that open our hearts to what really matters in life.
Clare Elias feels more than ready to conquer being a parent. She’s already mastered the business world, running a flourishing chain of boutique flower shops. Her husband, Marc, is handsome, successful, supportive—and nearly a decade her junior. Clare is at the top of her game, so how hard can motherhood be?
Then the babies come—both of them. And Clare finds herself in the midst of the crisis faced by every woman who’s ever tried to Have It All. She’s sworn she won’t have her children raised by nannies the way her inattentive mother did, but when help arrives in the form of pretty, young, hyperefficient Jenna, Clare has no idea that bringing this stranger into her family will change everything. As Marc becomes distant and secretive and, worst of all, one of her babies gets sick, Clare—and Jenna—must make the kinds of heartwrenching decisions that no woman wants to face.
Wise, witty, and powerfully emotional, Who Loves You Best captures the working mother’s joys and frustrations—as well as the guilty secrets of nannies—in a tale that is surprising to the very end.
My Review:
I have to admit, I bought this book because of the cute little booties on the cover. I have a thing with books about babies and pregnancy. This time, I'm glad I did because this book turned out to be way better than I imagined. With the dramatic endings of chapters, Tess Stimson made me want to keep reading... I could barely put the book down for a second. With love, comes marriage, and hopefully a little baby in a carriage, but instead of becoming pregnant with just one child, Clare, our main character, becomes pregnant with twins and her whole life is thrown upside down. I have to admit I hated her from the beginning, especially after reading ... "And then I pick up a cushion to smother my son" [Pg. 25], as well as the nanny saga, AND the whole catastrophe with her husband. She was a working lady, and she wanted to be a working mother, but the way she went about it made me angry - how could she just give up her role as a mother and give it to the nanny? I couldn't imagine giving a nanny a small amount of responsibility of my children, never-mind all responsibility of my children. And yet as I flipped the pages, I began to feel sorrow and understanding... she wasn't taught how to be a mother, although I'm not sure one can be taught... maybe it's as if she never had a good example to follow... either way the ending will surprise you. Just read it and you'll see! Great summer read, a little sultry, but definitely enticing.
My Rating: 5 Stars








No comments:
Post a Comment