Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

DIY- Candle Holder

Well a few posts back I posted a few items that I'm adding to my room as I redo it. I was searching through blogs, and came across several DIY projects that I thought would look perfect in my room! So Saturday my friend and I headed to our local craft store and bought a bunch of materials to begin. It was originally supposed to be a Faith Inscripted Hurricane, seen here, but we couldn't get the coating to make it look like a "hurricane." I'm quite satisfied with how it came out though, and cannot wait to try more DIY projects.

DIY Candle Holder

What You Need:

  • Stencil Paint
  • Small Paint Brush
  • Stencil
  • Tape (to hold stencil in place)
  • Ribbon & Stones (or other decorative filling)
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • Vase
  • Candle (not shown in picture)

How-To:
  1. Carefully tape the stencil to the vase [bottom and top]
  2. Slowly paint the design on to the vase and allow to dry. May need to use Q-tips, with water, to fix.
  3. Hot glue the ribbon and bow to the rim of the vase
  4. Place rocks on the bottom of the vase & place the candle on top.
  5. Add to any room and light!

No comments:

Post a Comment