I just got home from work [my amazing job working with children at a preschool - I'm one of the afternoon teachers!]. My kids seriously say the most hysterical things, and it's amazing how it makes sense to them. I usually try and think back to my days in preschool but usually come up short. I can't really remember, which kind of makes me upset. Therefore, I want to try and document what my students children learners say :] [because they are learning each and every day, not only from myself but just watching the world around them]
Today, at snack time, J [name will be kept confidential], as well as all the other children asked me a rather interesting question.
J says, "Miss Kristyn, what was your name when you were little?"
I reply, "It was Kristyn (with a smile)."
Other children, "What was Miss S's name when she was little?"
I reply, "It was S."
They found this quite peculiar and therefore, kept asking about every other teacher that worked in the building, even the director and her husband. I answered every one quite patiently, giggling to myself.
They had learned something new, something that didn't make sense to them before snack, but now made complete sense.
I love teaching my children something new. It seriously is why I want to become a teacher in the first place. I want them to learn something that they will remember forever. I want to inspire them to want to learn. I want them to love learning. I myself want to learn how to become a better teacher.









No comments:
Post a Comment