Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Rise Of a Novelist

Maybe you're wondering why the name of my blog is 'The Rise of a Novelist,' and maybe you're not, but I'm going to explain it anyways considering it's been some what of a new #1 on my To-Do list. 

Recently I've felt the need to write a novel, but I've been thinking that I need to start smaller. Maybe something as small as a children's book. Considering the fact I work with children every day I've been thinking a lot about what they enjoy, what they do, what they talk about, as well as them as individuals. I think I have a good start and I've been formulating drafts, as well as thinking of people I know that I could get to illustrate it if it seems too hard to do on my own. I'm extremely excited because I want to accomplish so much in my life, and this is the year I feel the need to do some of the 'Do's' on that long to do list of mine. I know I am ready for this challenge, even though I don't have as much time available to concentrate on this as I want, I know I can do this. 

Thus the reason why this blog is all about the rise of a novelist [me], with the addition of my thoughts and life experiences. 

When I think about writing my own book, I always think back to when I was younger and I carried around a purse with a pencil and a notebook, as well as all the stories I had written in it. My mom even had one published, well not really published as in sellable, but published as a gift for me. So thanks mom for inspiring me and pushing me to always accomplish my goals, even ones I never knew I had. 

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Willing is not enough; we must do."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


Time to start my journey down the open road...



[photo from] http://www.flickr.com/photos/yesandspace/

No comments:

Post a Comment