Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: Book Review

I finished another book, in just a few hours on this lazy Sunday, The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer. I bought this book awhile back with my friend because we're in love with the Twilight Saga! I had planned on starting it sooner, but I haven't been able to until now. Let's just say I'm glad I waited to read it on a day when I just needed to relax. It was an easy read. I actually thought the book was alright. It definitely wasn't the best of the Saga, but it was a worthwhile read, especially when you're in love with the Twilight Saga. 




Synopsis from Barnes&Noble:


Fans of The Twilight Saga will be enthralled by this riveting story of Bree Tanner, a character first introduced in Eclipse, and the darker side of the newborn vampire world she inhabits. In another irresistible combination of danger, mystery, and romance, Stephenie Meyer tells the devastating story of Bree and the newborn army as they prepare to close in on Bella Swan and the Cullens, following their encounter to its unforgettable conclusion.


My Review:


As I've said before this was definitely my least favorite book written by Stephenie Meyer. I love the romantic aspects of The Twilight Saga, and even though The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner had a tiny romantic aspect, it wasn't enough to grab my attention. What I also didn't like about this book was the fact that I already knew the fate of Bree. I was hoping Jane would change her mind in the end and let her live, but that doesn't happen. What I loved about this book though, was knowing that Bree was stronger and smarter than she seemed to be to outsiders. In Eclipse you think she's this poor helpless little girl, and while she remains little, she figures out the plans of Riley & even accepts the inevitable fact that she's going to die. I really admire Bree and enjoyed reading her side of the story. I would say anyone interested in the Twilight Saga or a quick read, should definitely read this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment