Yet another book review, however, these past books aren't on my Book List of the Year, I decided I can't read books from a list and I just need to buy whatever book interests me at that time. I promise I'm going to update you all on my amazing vacation to Florida, as soon as I find the time to sit down and type it [because it's pretty long, I mean I was there for 10 days!]
Anyways, this time I read Sliding into Home by Kendra Wilkinson. I had wanted to go to her book signing in Jersey, but unfortunately I had work and wouldn't make it there in time. So, after weeks of checking every bookstore in Jersey, and a few in Florida, my brother finally found it while Sal and I were parasailing [yes, we did! - details at a later date]. So when he found the book I was ecstatic to start reading it. So as soon as I finished the two other books I was reading, I quickly started and ended this one. It was such an easy read! Now, I loved how unique and different Kendra was on The Girls Next Door. I loved that she got away with doing pretty much anything, from flashing people from the top of a hotel, to being loud and obnoxious [by the way, I love her laugh]. But to me, on the show, she seemed more dumb than anything.
All I can say is, I'm so glad I read the book.
Synopsis according to Amazon
KENDRA BARES ALL
Fans of the E! smash hit series The Girls Next Door fell in love with sporty Playboy beauty Kendra Wilkinson’s care- free spirit, infectious laugh, and down-to-earth nature. Now that she’s moved out of the world’s most famous bachelor pad and into her own delightfully chaotic world on Kendra as wife to NFL star Hank Baskett and mother to their newborn son, we’ve watched her hilarious antics as she adjusts to domestic life. But how much do we really know about the fun-loving star? In this humorous and optimistic, sometimes heartbreaking, but always unfailingly honest memoir, Kendra reveals the highs and lows of her extraordinary journey.
She wasn’t always the quintessential girl next door. Before she was a reality television superstar, Hugh Hefner’s girlfriend, or one of the most popular Playboy cover models ever, Kendra was an athletic tomboy whose father walked out on her family when she was a little girl. She grew into a rebellious teenager with a serious drug habit before she quit cold turkey and beat the odds to graduate from a high school that almost didn’t give her a second (or third, or fourth) chance.
Following her rocky teenage years, an out-of-the- blue phone call from Hugh Hefner changed everything. Kendra dishes candidly about life in the Playboy Mansion: the sex, the parties, the show, and even her relationships with her Girls Next Door costars—Hef, Holly, and Bridget. She tells the true story about how she and Hank met and built a relationship in secret while she was still Hef’s girl- friend and a public face of Playboy. Finally, she reflects on the slew of unexpected changes in the short space of a year that have brought her sliding into home from Playboy party girl to wife and mother with a blooming Hollywood career. If you think you’ve seen all of Kendra, think again. She’s only warming up. . . .
My Review
Let's just say I loved this book and have seriously been inspired by Kendra. She went through some pretty rough shit when she was younger and she'll tell you straight out everything that happened in her life, from drugs, rehab, and sexual encounters with men AND women, to the happenings in Hef's room, the truth of The Girl's Next Door, and falling in love with Hank. I was inspired because she had been through so much shit and still came out on top. Many people told her she wouldn't amount to anything, but she proved them all wrong. Sure she had to take extreme steps to get to the top, but hey, she still got there. Now she has a loving husband, an adorable baby, and a future that has it's arms held wide open for her. The possibilities are endless, as you can tell with her new book, as well as workout dvds. She's on a mission, but it's not to prove to anyone that she can do this, because she's already done that. It's to do whatever her heart desires at that given point in time. She's seriously such a role model and has given me the strength to do great things in my life, and take as many risks as possible, because you just never know.









Sounds very interesting. Probably not something I would generally choose on my own, but it sounds like there's a lot more depth than I would have anticipated. Thanks for sharing-and yes, red mango is incredibly addicting!
ReplyDelete