Although it wasn't our kind of place, we still enjoyed ourselves - especially because we were allowed to pick the music on the 'jukebox.' Now it was definitely a night to remember because my friend in the middle isn't home all the time, she goes to school in Massachusetts for Marine Engineering... and stays there for a majority of the year, only coming back late June-August and some weekends during the year. It's tough not to see my "muffin," but it's something she loves!
It was also great because I've grown so close to Sal's friends.. after having a rough time enjoying their company because of how their personalities clash with mine, but I've grown to love them!
The night ended rather quickly, although not before visiting 1 more bar before closing.
Saturday was spent shopping for art supplies and working on my first DIY art project with my friend Katie.. more on that in tomorrow's post!
That night I spent a night relaxing outside with Sal and his two friends. We called it a night rather early though, because Sunday would be a rather long, but memorable day.
Sunday we had plans to go to the town parade/picnic with my family. Afterwards we had a BBQ at my house. The afternoon wasn't all how I planned it to be, but when guests started arriving, all of my worries and stressors floated away. I was greeted with warm smiles, and laughter - my favorite. We sat and talked on the porch outside for hours, it seemed. Eating every so often and enjoying Skinny Girl margaritas with my friend Katie. It was quite a night, and ended with a bonfire. I can't begin to describe how much I love nights filled with family members and friends. I honestly wish they lasted longer, but at least they happened... at least I had that time with my family.
Today, Memorial Day, I visited a local flea market with my daddy, and although we didn't find anything good, we enjoyed a morning out in the sun. I took a trip to Borders with Salvatore, and got an awesome deal - which will be shared soon. Stopping at Walmart and Best Buy deemed to be pointless, as our search for Pirates of the Caribbean 1 is impossible!
I just got inside after tanning outside for an hour... the sun was just way too hot to be out there for longer than that - I mean 99 degrees! I guess spring just never sprung and summer is here to stay... hopefully.
Anyways, I'd like to take a minute to thank our troops for their sacrifices in order to ensure our country is safe, and remains a place where people can prosper and live out their dreams. Thanks Troops & Happy Memorial Day to all!
Enjoy the day and make sure it is spent with those you love. God knows that the time we spend together just isn't long enough. Make the memories last.








No comments:
Post a Comment