February that is. I realize it's now April, but I haven't been able to blog in about a month because I haven't had the time.
I had a pretty low month. It started out like any other month, of course... fast and with loads of events and goals to accomplish.
February 7th ... I got into my first accident, ever. I was driving to my internship, and it was just like any other day. Unfortunately, for me, it wasn't like any other day. There was a ton of traffic on one of the highways, and I bumped into the car in front of me. I felt incredibly sorry, and I made sure I apologized a ton of times. Luckily, no one was hurt and everything was taken care of quite fast once the police arrived. I am glad to say that I haven't been in an accident since, and I'm much more aware of the cars that are around me when I'm driving, especially in traffic.
On that Friday, February 10th, I had to call out of my internship sick, because in the middle of the night I woke up and was sick all night, every hour on the hour. I never, ever call out of work and I was extremely upset when I had to. I waited until the morning because I thought I'd be better by then, but I wasn't. What's even worse is that when I'm sick, I pop blood vessels on my face. Yes, I look even worse than you may look when you throw up. Yup .. I said it... I threw up.
Thankfully I also had the whole weekend to rest up, which is exactly what I did. I called out of work on Saturday and relaxed both days with Sal ... watching Breaking Dawn and catching up on Friends episodes, since we've been watching all of the seasons on DVD, even though we've already seen all of the episodes.
You'd think that would be all of it right? Well, no. The next Friday, February 17th, I fainted at the hospital while interning. I was in distracting a patient who was getting a medical procedure done, and I had to excuse myself. I started to feel really hot, and I knew I needed to get fresh air. I walked out of the room and started heading to the office in the back. I was starting to see black spots and I couldn't hear. It sounded like everyone was far away from me. I was afraid and I told my supervisor that I didn't feel good. I literally felt like I was dying, and I was so afraid. She knew it immediately and directed me to a chair, which is where I fainted, for what seemed like a few seconds. Within minutes they had me in a hospital bed, saying how pale I looked, and asking me all medical questions. I was so overwhelmed I began to cry, even though I was so thankful that I had woken up and was being taken care of. I felt fine afterwards, but of course they took me to the ER instead, in a wheelchair, hooked up to oxygen. There, they did a finger stick to check my blood sugar, which I didn't even feel. They did an EKG because I have a heart condition, and they even checked if I was pregnant. All of which came back fine, and I wasn't pregnant. They had me eat lunch in the ER and monitored me for an hour. Thankfully, my friend - the other intern, was able to come and eat lunch with me. Eventually they sent me home, even though I didn't want to leave.
My supervisor was always asking me if I was okay or if I was going to faint, but thankfully that has stopped. It was quite annoying to hear that everyday, because I didn't want them to think that I was going to faint during every medical procedure.
I honestly couldn't wait for February to end. I'm not one to rush time by, but I couldn't stand one more bad thing happening to me in one month, or even two weeks!
So here's to a better year... a much better year.








No comments:
Post a Comment