Being a book fanatic, I was excited when I came across a blog on the Newlyweds Next Door about a book list for 2010. I never thought about setting a goal for books to read this year, and although it's already three months into the year, I think I can maneuver a book list of those I want to read. I will also be doing reviews on each book I finish.
Therefore, I recently signed up for Good Reads, which is another find on the Newlyweds Next Door blog! It's a website where you can keep track of the books you have read, want to read, and are currently reading. You can also research book reviews and go through lists of certain books.
Here is a list of 12 books I want to read before the new year, in no specific order:
1. Close Encounters of the Third Grade Kind: Thoughts on Teacherhood - Phillip Done
- I intend on being a teacher in the near future, therefore I hope to learn something from this.
2. House Rules - Jodi Picoult
- Although her books are seemingly repetitive, I enjoy each and everyone. This book deals with a child who has Asperger's syndrome who helps solve a crime. I thought this would help me deal with children that are different.
3. Heart of the Matter - Emily Giffin
- I loved her four other books and cannot wait for this one to come out in May 2010.
4. Eat, Pray, Love - Elizabeth Gilbert
- I know many say you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but this book cover has dragged me in.
5. Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl - Anne Frank
- I've had this book for a while, but haven't found the time to read it, nor the motivation, but I believe I intend to this year.
6. The Last Song - Nicholas Sparks
- He's such an intelligent writer. I look up to him, and hope this book is as good as his last books. I also want to read this before I see the movie.
7. The Secret Life of Bees - Sue Monk Kidd
- Many students in my old high school read this and it always seemed like an interesting read.
8. Under the Tuscan Sun - Frances Mayes
- I have always wanted to read this.
9. A Child Called IT - Dave Pelzer
- I've read this when I was younger and it really touched me. I feel like I need to read this again, especially with a stronger head on my shoulders.
10. Blink - Malcolm Gladwell
- I also want to learn more about psychology, considering I plan on becoming a play therapist. This will be a great professional read.
11. Play Therapy: The Art of the Relationship - Garry L. Landreth
- I was told from a professor to read this to make sure I want to go into play therapy.
12. Play Therapy with Children in Crisis: Individual, Group, and Family Treatment - Nancy Boyd Webb
- Again, a professional read to help me get a more level-headed mind on play therapy.
Please, if anyone has any book suggestions, please let me know! :]








If you like Blink - be sure to read "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell, I liked it even more than Blink.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the shoutout. Happy reading!