December 17th marks 4 years since Sal asked me to be his girlfriend. I can still remember that day like it was yesterday... out there on the frozen over soccer/baseball field. I don't even remember it being that cold out, I just remember the butterflies in my stomach, I knew it was coming.
This year, we originally wanted to go into the city to see the tree that night, but it was a Saturday, the week before Christmas, and we couldn't even get anywhere near the city. We decided to stay in Hoboken. We drove up and down the main road and decided to just walk and search for a place to eat. We found this cute little Italian restaurant and decided to try it.
He got the meat lasagna special, and I got the chicken parmigiana. It was absolutely delicious and we'd definitely go back again. We took a ride up to our spot, which overlooks Weehawken and the city, across the Hudson. It was so beautiful... the night was clear, and although it was cold, we had each other and that's all that mattered... just kidding we walked around for a bit, but it was seriously way too cold to just be standing there looking at a view. It was pretty amazing though to see a few photographers taking this opportunity to get the best pictures of the city, and although I'm not a photographer, I'd say I got a pretty good picture.
Afterwards we drove around looking at all the Christmas lights, though we didn't think there were as many as last year... it was still nice and relaxing, especially once we stopped and bought hot chocolate to enjoy during the ride. We tried to go to Target to pick up a Gingerbread house to make, but get this... they were sold out! I couldn't believe it, but I guess that's what I get for waiting till last minute to make one.
The whole time we were talking about how quickly these 4 years went by, and how quickly the next 4 years would go by as well. We even got to talking about getting engaged next year, and although we'd be 23.. we're definitely not ready for a wedding until after I get my Master's and get settled in my career, maybe a 2 year engagement. I just couldn't help getting nervous and excited when he started talking about it... imagine, me engaged ... nope I can't imagine it either, but we shall see.








No comments:
Post a Comment