Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, December 30, 2011

Into the City Take 2

The night of our anniversary we decided that we were going to try to go into the city during the week, right after Sal got out of work because we weren't going to skip our yearly tradition. It made me happy that he was willing to go no matter what, just to see me smile. It's amazing what our loved one's will do for us. So we picked a night and we were off. Thankfully there was barely any traffic getting into the city. We found a place to park that was close enough to the tree, and although parking was EXTREMELY expensive, we dealt with it and began walking.


and walking...


and a little bit farther...


We were almost there, but not quite, but I mean who wouldn't want to walk past all of these gorgeous displays in NYC?!


When we finally made it to the tree, we couldn't believe how many people were there. We knew there were going to be a lot of people, but it was insane. Instead of getting a picture in front of the tree, we had our usual pictures taken there by professionals. What was awesome about it, that we didn't know prior, was that you could go into the Top of the Rock building and purchase them right there, instead of waiting and buying them online. Sal bought the one picture I absolutely adored, and decided to wait to give it to me for Christmas, in a frame that he picked out. More about that in a later post though.


We were starting to get hungry, so I decided to buy dinner - SANDWICHES! - on me, for having had such a wonderful night thus far. 

Having seen the tree years prior, we got bored rather quickly, and decided to walk to Bryant Park. I had never been there before, and neither has he. If you haven't either, I highly suggested going there. It's so beautiful, especially during the winter when it's open. There is a smaller tree, right next to a skating rink, and shops surround the whole park. The smells are wonderful, from kettle corn to hot chocolate, and the shops are filled with handmade items.


See what I'm saying? Beautiful. This is definitely a night that I will look back on and smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment