He asked me out four years ago on a baseball field that had frozen over, a few blocks from his house. I have to admit it was rather romantic, and I guess I couldn't help but say yes. He had planned to ask me out a couple days earlier when we went to the city to see the tree, on the roof of the Top of the Rock. I was too nervous, and didn't want anything to be ruined so I told him not to ask me out then, I guess I saw it coming. I'm glad I waited it out though, it just proved to me that he really cared for me and was willing to wait, even though he wishes to this day that he had asked me out on the roof.
Although we've had our rough patches, and what couple hasn't, we have been through it all. I wouldn't change anything, because it has brought us closer, and allowed us to change with each other for the better of course.
When I first said I love you, I must admit I had no idea what love was.. having just broken up with my previous boyfriend 7 or 8 months prior, I was broken and confused. Being in a relationship wasn't all that it was hyped up to be, but maybe that was because I was in a relationship with the wrong person. Being with the right person, who loves you for you and accepts every bit of you, makes the relationship that much better. Now, with each passing day Sal has shown me what love really is, and I learn something new about him that I love. It's honestly an amazing feeling and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I guess it's like people say... "you'll just know."
I can't wait for the next few years with the boy, knowing that the future holds an engagement, wedding, and babies. He's got a hold on my heart, and I can't seem to break away, but I don't mind, as long as he protects it and cherishes it, I think I'll be okay. Not only is he my protector, but he's my best friend. He knows just what to say to make me smile or laugh when I'm feeling down or upset. He's up for any adventure I throw at him, and he even takes me on wild rides that I don't even think I'll ever be prepared for. It's as if every day opens up a brand new chapter in our book, and I can't wait to see how this story unfolds.
[2007; 2011]
Tonight we will be attending his brother's band's Christmas show, and then we will be headed into the city to see the tree and just enjoy each other's company.
12.17.07. I love you Salvatore Michael always and forever.









No comments:
Post a Comment