I loved both their gifts! They were extremely thoughtful! I decided to get them gifts that went together rather nicely. For my one friend, I got her a blanket, in her favorite color, a movie I love [P.S I love you], popcorn and two cute, yet cheap popcorn holders, and bath salt, all of which I found at TARGET, which is probably my favorite store. I wanted her to have a gift that she can use after her long days at internship, when she just wants to curl up in a ball on the couch.
For my other friend, I decided to base her present around coffee, Starbucks, in particular. I found this cute basket at ... yup you guessed it.. Target, in the shape of a sleigh. I put tissue paper in it and added a Starbucks cup - I took the idea from Pinterest and filled it with brown napkins from Starbucks & white tissue paper, to look as if there was an actual drink inside.
I then added a cute Snowman cookie, also from Starbucks, and stuck the giftcard right in front. Not only was this gift really easy to create, it also was extremely personal - knowing she loves Starbucks.
I wrapped the gift in cellophane, tied it with a ribbon, and then put the white card on the bottom so it looked like the sleigh was on snow!
If you happen to try this DIY project out, let me know! I'd love to see how you put a personal twist on it!








What exactly do you do with Mod Podge? I've seen many references to it on Pinterest, but honestly have no clue what it is!
ReplyDeleteI actually have a post coming up that describes one way to use it, but basically it's a waterbase sealer, glue, & finish.. It glues things down to any object, but doesn't give it that bubbly glue effect that happens sometimes underneath. It gives it a nice gloss over it as well.
ReplyDelete