I've known him since he was practically a baby. His family used to live in Jersey, and his mom would play softball with my mom. At 4 months old he was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis - a
genetic disease that causes the body to produce thick, sticky mucus that causes
problems in the digestive system, as well as the respiratory system,
specifically in the lungs. It not only clogs up the lungs and makes it
difficult to breathe, it makes it difficult for people to digest food and get
all the vitamins and nutrients needed, because of the narrow passageways in the
pancreas.
Approximately 30,000 kids and adults in the United States have cystic fibrosis. Kyle was one of them, and he received a double lung transplant on July 5th, 2010, without regret. He put up one hell of a fight for 18 years, and just a month after he turned 18, he passed away while in the hospital.
He moved to Florida years ago with his family, with the idea that the warmer and less polluted weather would help - I'd like to think it did. Our families kept in contact - texting or through facebook - and we'd always send our prayers as he continued his battle. He had to be one of the strongest boys I've met, and he just kept pushing. I'll never forget the moment I watched a video of him walking, something he hadn't done in a few days while at the hospital, and it was like watching a miracle. To have battled for 18 years is clearly nothing short of just that - a miracle. I looked up to him, even though he was younger, and in the end I hope this story gives you strength and hope.
To find out more information about Kyle's Story visit -
Ardiana's blog [ his cousin ] - Ardiana
Cystic Fibrosis Website - CFF
Ronald McDonald House - A Family's Journey with Cystic Fibrosis
To donate to this wonderful foundation and help Kyle's memory live on click -
"Money buys science and science buys life" - CFF.org
Thank you. I greatly appreciate it.










I love this! Thank you for all your love and support!
ReplyDeleteSee you the walk!!
xxoo
Ana