Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, May 7, 2012

The MAW Castle


I had to attend Make-A-Wish Training a few weekends ago, to ensure that I could still volunteer. I was originally supposed to go in February, but that weekend I was sick - it just wasn't my month. So I was glad I actually had a chance to go to the last one. It was in Monroe Township, which is pretty far from me, but the drive wasn't all that bad, aside from the rain on the way home. Anyways, the Make a Wish Foundation of NJ just recently built a castle on this land to have a centralized place to grant wishes, and to really make the whole process magical.


We were taken on a tour of the whole castle, but since they still want it to be a surprise to every child that walks into the castle, we were only allowed to take pictures of the outside and the first floor [the second floor is where all the magic happens]. It's truly spectacular, and I was in awe. I could only imagine the reaction of each child, and I hope to one day take on a wish that involves me going to the castle.







Buddy, the Cake Boss, is involved in Make a Wish and helps grant a great amount of wishes because many children want to meet him or bake with him. He made the cake that you see in these pictures for their Grand Opening.


If you're interested in getting involved with the Make a Wish Foundation in your state visit - here

A child with a life-threatening medical condition who has reached the age of 2½ and is under the age of 18 at the time of referral, is potentially eligible for a wish. If you know a child that matches this criteria, and you'd like to refer them to MAW, click here. It's an amazing experience, ask me I've helped wishes get granted, and there is nothing better than seeing the smile and excitement on a child's face.  

No comments:

Post a Comment