
Two weeks ago, Sal and I went pumpkin picking with his friend from work, as well as his wife and baby. We let them pick where we went; however, the place that we went to, the place that was suggested to them by their friends, was not all it was hyped up to be. I'm not sure if it was because of the rough year for pumpkins, or the place we picked, but a majority of the pumpkins were small and there weren't a lot of them.
Last year, we had more to pick from and the place was incredibly beautiful and farm-like.
The day we went was cloudy and rainy, but we were lucky enough to catch a break in the rain; however, it was windy, which made the temperature quite chilly. Bundled up, we took a short hayride over to the pumpkin fields, where I was able to find a small pumpkin, as well as an apple tree!
Afterwards, we headed to the barn where they were selling homemade goodies from doughnuts and ice cream to jams and jellies. We were also able to find a bigger pumpkin to take home and carve! We only bought one this year, instead of two, like last year, because I thought it'd be nice to carve one together, and this way we spent less money (I mean who doesn't want to save money?!).
I was able to try some homemade cookie dough ice cream, and let me just say that it was not all it was cracked up to be. There were barely any cookie dough pieces!! I know, I know, it's a tragedy... seriously, I was devastated - I hadn't had ice cream in awhile, and I was looking forward to it. Thankfully we went to dinner afterwards and had pizza, which was pretty good.
Next year, we'll try going to a place more farm-like.
No comments:
Post a Comment