Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Motivation Mail: September

In August, I participated in Motivation Mail with some of my Tone It Up team, and I have to say, I fell in love with the idea! So when I received an email asking if I'd still like to be a part of it in the months to follow, I immediately knew that this would be something I would do for awhile. It's so great getting inspiring letters, healthy snacks, and motivating extras.

In September I was paired with Bridget, a then, soon-to-be bride, who has since gotten married - congratulations! Her and her husband lost a combined 130 lbs before the wedding - can she be any more of an inspiration!? By connecting with her on Twitter, I was able to find out she loves soccer and cheer for any KS team, and she enjoys baking and technology! Now while I wasn't able to find her things to do with what she loves, I knew that she was getting married soon and decided to get her things that she could use on her wedding day. I packed an envelope full of fall candles and a candle holder (to help her relax and enjoy the smells of fall), luna bars (for a healthy breakfast), dried apple slices (for a sweet craving) and veggie chips (for a salty craving), and chap-stick (to help ensure that her lips were perfect for that 'I do' kiss)! From what she told me, as soon as she opened the envelope, it smelled like Fall - she loved everything and even ate some of the healthy snacks before the big day, but I didn't mind, as long as she loved it!

Now when I received mine, I was way too excited. I don't know what it is about snail mail, but it's a great feeling getting things in the mail with your name on it! The yellow wrapping paper and lovely, kind words in the card made me even happier to have been paired with Bridget.


After I read the card, I opened the remaining motivating items and was so thankful for all that Bridget had given me. She was so sweet and gave me some of her favorite healthy things, an idea I loved! Not only did I get to know Bridget by talking to her, but also by receiving her mail - knowing what she likes to eat inspired me to continue to eat healthier, and find new favorite snacks.



Inside was Emerald 100 calorie packs of Cocoa Roasted Almonds (one of my favorites too!), Luna and Cliff bars, sunflower seeds (to add on to salad), Yogi tea, an inspiring bracelet, a small planner to document my workouts in, and the new issue of Shape magazine. 

When I open my motivation mail, I feel so motivated to workout, and so thankful to have found such an amazing team - the Tone It Up team. Thank you Bridget for your mail this month, I hope we stay connected on Twitter, because you're truly an incredible individual - both inside and out. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment