Synopsis from Barnes & Noble:
Nicholas Sparks brings back two characters from his beloved bestseller, TRUE BELIEVER, in this continuing saga of extraordinary love.
There are few things Jeremy Marsh was sure he'd never do: he'd never leave New York City; never give his heart away again after barely surviving one failed marriage; and most of all, never become a parent. Now, Jeremy is living in the tiny town of Boone Creek, North Carolina, married to Lexie Darnell, the love of his life, and anticipating the birth of their daughter. But, just as his life seems to be settling into a blissful pattern, an unsettling and mysterious message reopens old wounds and sets off a chain of events that will forever change the course of this young couple's marriage.
My Review:
A few pages in and I was already annoyed, having to read everything about Boone Creek that I'd already read in True Believer. Now don't get me wrong, I understand why authors repeat details from the first book in their sequels - in case anyone didn't pick up the first book, and just started reading the second book, but still. Now to the characters - I loved the relationship between Jeremy and Lexie; however, I was beginning to despise Lexie, making him move down to Boone Creek to be with her - away from all he knew in NY. What was even worse was that he couldn't write; when Jeremy sat down, nothing flowed from his mind to the paper. He had writer's block, and began to think it was because he was living in Boone Creek. However, as the story progressed, I was able to understand both sides and I felt as if Jeremy and Lexie were a great match, a perfect match, if you will. The ending was incredible, and while I don't want to give anything away, it definitely had me turning the pages to the very last one because it was, quite honestly, unbelievable. While I didn't cry, the emotions I felt were raw.
I'd recommend this book, however, I'd suggest reading the first one, even if you have to force yourself to finish it like I did, because you're able to get the whole story when reading both of them.
My Rating: 4 Stars









No comments:
Post a Comment