Every year, Sal and I make our way to NYC to see the tree and to wander the streets of NY to enjoy the cold winter night. It's sort of like a tradition that we've started since before we started going out. This year my brother joined us, with his soon-to-be girlfriend, since he was home from college for the holidays. Sharing these special moments with my brother really means a lot to me. We made plans to go on a Sunday night, a rainy Sunday night I might add, and drove into the city. Once we found parking we began walking to the tree, and I swear, every year when I see it - it changes, and yet it stays the same. I know it's not the same tree, but it looks the same every year. I guess that's kind of like people ... as the days pass by you don't notice any change, but when you look back on pictures from year to year, you can see drastic changes.
We always try and take pictures by the tree each year, a couple on our own camera and then professional shots, which sometimes we order, and sometimes we don't. This year we took professional pictures twice and guess what? They both came out horrible. The first time because our jackets made us look rather large, and the pictures came out dark and blurry the second time. When we got home later that night to look at them, I was so upset that I might've cried... okay I did cry! We went all that way for nothing... until I realized the memories made were more important than the pictures we had taken.
Afterwards, we walked to Bryant Park, one of my favorite spots in NYC during the holidays. We took a few pictures in front of the tree, walked around the ice skating rink, and into and out of the little shops that were set up, even though some of them were closing.
We were going to grab dinner in the city as well, but decided to head back home and stop at a diner to warm up and fill up! I tried to go with healthier dish, and one of my favorites at the diner - chicken caesar wrap with a side of chips and salsa. I don't know how they do it, but it's one of the best I've ever had. Then we headed to grab some hot chocolate to warm up even more! You won't believe how cold the city can be in the winter when it's raining!








No comments:
Post a Comment