[via instagram: kristynnicole1]
Synopsis from Barnes&Noble:
Fans of The Twilight Saga will stampede to snatch up Breaking Dawn, the much anticipated fourth book in Stephenie Meyer's vampire love series.
In this riveting novel, questions will be answered and the fate of Bella and Edward will be revealed.
How will it all end?
My Review:
First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes... well you know, or at least you think you do.
The wedding between Bella and Edward, in my opinion, was absolutely beautiful and I could just see it perfectly in my head while reading each line. I felt bad for Jacob at first, but it seems as if he only keeps hurting himself because of the seemingly invisible gravitational pull that pulls him to Bella over and over again. Despite Jacob's anger, the wedding goes off flawlessly and before they know it they're leaving for their honeymoon. Isle Esme, where Bella and Edward end up for their surprise honeymoon, sounds incredible, beyond belief. I'd love to go to an island alone with my future husband, if I were Bella.
Of course readers know what's coming... they make love, but Edward has difficulty controlling himself and bruises Bella. While she wants to try again, Edward is hesitant, and although he denies Bella over and over again, he eventually gives in to Bella's seduction. Unbeknownst to Bella and Edward, you can get pregnant by a vampire... because she does, and the process is shortened into weeks rather than 9 months.
It's terrifying to read about Bella and how she looks through the eyes of others, Jacob especially. I had forgotten that Meyer shows readers Jacob's perspective. Even though readers believe that Bella won't make it and we're on edge as we flip the pages, I think we all knew that Meyer wouldn't kill of the main character. She lives and will live forever because Edward was able to save her with the help of his venom. Not only does she live, but she also gives birth to a beautiful girl - Renesmee. Jacob imprints right away, which we should have all seen coming since he was always so attached to Bella as was she to him, even before she was pregnant. It's as if Jacob knew he'd imprint on a part of Bella.
The way Meyer describes Bella and how her perspective has changed is amazing, like she's describing the world to a blind person.
I love the bond that Renesmee has on Bella, even without her spending much time with her, I just wish she was able to spend more time with her without everyone worrying about her 'newborn tendencies,' that she clearly doesn't have. Their bond, however, is truly unbreakable.
A vampire sees Renesmee, but sees her as a child, and makes the assumption that the Cullens have turned a child into a vampire, which of course creates tension between the Cullens and the Volturi. My heart is racing as all of the covens gather together and train for what could be the fight of their lives, even though I already know the outcome. I liked the fight scene in the movie much better than the book, even though Bella's power was used throughout the entire fight scene in the book. You must read this book from cover to cover in order to find out how it ends though.
My favorite part of the book was when Bella took away her shield and Edward was able to read her thoughts and see all of their firsts from their first meeting to their first kiss. It made my heart race and it made me smile as Edward's happiness was shining out from the words.
My Rating: 5 Stars









No comments:
Post a Comment