Today my heart is filled with sadness. I had a whole post planned about what I received on Christmas, all things fitness of course, but that seems miniscule after the news I've heard today, just this morning actually and I find myself asking why? I found out that not only had Sal's grandmother taken a turn for the worst in the hospital, but one of my best friend's grandmother had passed away. My heart was suddenly filled, but not with it's usual sadness, but rather with a sadness that comes when you can't do anything. All I can do is watch as the world falls apart for these two individuals that I love. Of course, I'm there for them both, always, but I just wish I could take away their pain. I can't, I know that, so I try and do the next best thing... be there for them and provide them with whatever they may need at the time, whether it's a shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen, or a friend to hang out with and just forget.
I know you can't plan tragedies like these, but here I am hoping that I will be able to be there for my friend whenever she needs me, knowing full well that I may not be there for her when she needs me the most. You see, I am headed to Niagara Falls on Sunday till Tuesday with Sal - like I said the timing couldn't have been any worse. We're hoping and praying, which I find I'm doing a lot of recently, that his grandmother holds on and pulls through. It might sound selfish of us - she doesn't want to live. She's 91 and she's lost the willpower and determination to fight - her husband passed away several years ago, before Sal and I were even a couple, and I think she has been lost without him ever since. When someone you love doesn't want to fight anymore, do you just let them give up to make them happy, or do you tell them that you need them to make yourself happy?
We're going to be praying all weekend, and when we pack up our bags to leave on Sunday, we're going to be keeping our fingers crossed that we don't hear any bad news while we're away. Your prayers are welcome - for my friend to heal during this grieving process and to remember all of the good times that she shared with her grandmother, and for Sal's grandmother to pull through.
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers at this time.








No comments:
Post a Comment