Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, May 21, 2011

DIY- Salad Dressing

This Saturday Do-It Yourself, again, has to do with food! I love working on projects in the kitchen, and although I want to start working on projects for my room, I'm always going to be found in the kitchen.. on most nights.

This weeks Do-It Yourself involves.. SALAD DRESSING. Yup, you heard it... no more buying it already made! You can make these TWO types of dressings with most of the things you already have!

Caesar Dressing

Ingredients: 

1 large clove garlic, chopped
2 tbsp. fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
1-1 1/2 tsp anchovy paste
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup mayonnaise

Directions:

1. Combine the garlic and parsley in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely minced, scraping down the sides if needed.
2. Add the anchovy paste, mustard, lemon juice, and mayonnaise. Process until smooth and well blended.
3. Adjust seasonings to taste, if necessary. Refrigerate if not using right away.
* I went through the process twice to try and fill a dressing bottle. I probably should've done it three times, or multiplied the ingredients by 3. I think it's safer to do it three times.



Source: Annie's Eats

Strawberry Dressing

Ingredients:


1 cup fresh strawberries
2 1/2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp. champagne or white wine
1 tbsp. sugar
Pinch of Salt

Directions: 





1. In a blender or food processor, combine the strawberries, vinegar, champagne, sugar, and salt. Process until mixture is well combined and completely smooth.
2. Transfer to an airtight bottle or container and refrigerate until ready to use.
* Great with Spinach Salad



Source: Annie's Eats

No comments:

Post a Comment