Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, December 19, 2011

DIY: Birthday Gift Basket

My quite recent best friend turned 22 on the 15th. I say quite recent because although we've known each other through classes, we've just become close due to an online summer course we took. I have to admit, she's my twin - not looks wise, but personality and life wise ... we are the same person. We both aspire to be Child Life Specialists, we're both organization freaks, we both love DIY projects, and we are nonstop talking/laughing. It's hysterical, and I'm so happy that we met and grew close.

Anyways, a bunch of us went out for her birthday - TGI Fridays and then Cheeseburger in Paradise for a little karaoke. It was such a fun night; I'm definitely hoping there will be nights exactly like it over winter break before she leaves. Yes, she's leaving me to go intern at the Children's Hospital in Hershey. Amazing, truly amazing.

So I decided I needed to get her something that she was going to use, and love. I was contemplating getting her something that she could put up in her apartment or use during her internship, but I settled on an idea when I went to Michaels. I searched the store for craft items, knowing how much my friend loves diy projects and crafts in general. From scrapbook paper, to stamps and stamp pads, to blank cards and ribbon! I gathered them, paid, and started to create a basket for her. I added tissue paper on the bottom, and then started to arrange the items in the basket to look perfect - like the Happy Birthday Stamp right there in the front? HA.



My mom helped wrap it with cellophane & ribbon because I had never used it before.

Here the final look:


Looks professionally done, but it wasn't! I think this is a great idea for anyone trying to add a personal touch to a gift, and can certainly be done with anything! I think I'm going to be creating baskets for every special event in someone's life! They can be as inexpensive or expensive as you want them to be! 

She absolutely loved the gift, and knew right away that I had made it, because she knows me all too well! 

We then continued our night out, and had way too much fun! 


Happy Birthday Jaclyn - hope you had an amazing night!

1 comment: