Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, January 1, 2012

22 on 22, A Very Special Celebration


I turned 22 on the 22nd of December, and I have to admit, this birthday celebration was much more fun than last year, and I actually drank more this year than on my 21st... kind of sad if you think about it!

A few days before my birthday, Sal gave me my gift, because he wanted to make sure they were going to fit.



He got me REAL cowboy boots! You can tell by the picture just how excited I am, especially because we're planning a trip to Nashville, TN!

The night of my birthday I decided I wanted to go to Bonefish Grill with my family. It's a restaurant that serves mostly fish, but they also have a few chicken and steak dishes. MY family had never been there, though Sal and I went once before. We got a bunch of appetizers to share and some drinks. We then ordered dinner, and we were all extremely satisfied. I, in particular, had the tilapia with mango pineapple salsa on top. It was so good, I didn't want to finish it; I just wanted to keep savoring it!



I had a great night with my family, but I knew that it was only the beginning. The following night we went out to a local bar... I invited a bunch of my friends, but wasn't sure who was going to come. I was extremely nervous that the night wasn't going to go as planner, but that might be because I always worry that something is going to go wrong. 



Thankfully, everyone showed up and everyone had a great time. Between the drinks and the music, the people and the smiles in the room, I knew that everything was running smoothly. Since I invited a lot of my friends, some from college and some from school, I knew not everyone talked to each other. I tried to introduce as many as I could, and when that seemed to be working well, I made my rounds, talking to everyone, and laughing. There were a lot of laughs and plenty of pictures were taken.


It's amazing how much you realize you're loved when you have a birthday; everyone who cares about me came, and I couldn't have been more grateful. 





I went home smiling; I mean after the night I had, how could I not? I was upset though, because I felt as if the night went by SUPER quick. I wanted to hit pause, and look around... take mental pictures in my head and just cherish the time with my friends. 


So here I write... I am so thankful for all of the amazing people in my life who have stood by and believed in me, supported me, and celebrated with me on various occasions. For all those I met in high school, through others, and in college. For those I will surely look to in the future, and hope they will look to me, as well. 

It was surely a happy 22nd birthday, and I can't wait to see what is in store for me during my 22nd year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment