Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Graduation #1

As I said in my previous post, I had two graduations - one at my university, where they separated us by 'colleges' [mine being the College of Education and Human Services] and a second at the IZOD center where my graduation became official and I graduated with the entire Class of 2012.

[prior to the rain. notice the nice, blown out hair]

During my first one, which was outside on the football field... it downpoured, on and off during the entire thing! I was nervous that they were going to cancel it and reschedule it, and when we were told that it was still on, I was nervous about graduating! My parents were the only two that were coming to this graduation; they wouldn't have missed it for the world.


Prior to the graduation, we had to line up by our majors/concentrations. I felt like we waited f.o.r.e.v.e.r, even though it was probably only an hour. I kept looking at the stands, and couldn't believe how many people had come. We walked down to the stands in the rain, trying to save our gowns, and our hair of course, but as you can tell by the pictures my hair was ruined. When water or humidity hits my hair, it curls... and when there are no curling products in it, it curls out of control! 

When we made it to the stands, we listened to several speeches. Some speeches were incredible, while others I tuned out. I'm just being honest! Before I knew it they were calling our names to go on stage and shake hands with all the important people. Instead of having the chance to savor my name being called at my college graduation, I didn't have much time because the next name was being called. They figured they'd speed up the graduation by calling all of our names within a matter of minutes. I'm not joking. They couldn't have said them any faster than they did. 

Afterwards, I was able to listen to the two student speeches, one being my best friend! I was so nervous for her, and I knew she was extremely nervous. So I cheered loudly for her, and made eye contact, so she would have one familiar face to focus on and maybe help her with her nerves! I have to admit, her speech was pretty amazing, and even though I had heard it prior to the graduation, during practice sessions at Starbucks, I couldn't help but tear up! Not only was I so proud of her, I really felt her words deep within. It was powerful, no doubt. 


Then it was over and we were walking away from the only life we knew... college life. 

[instagram photo]

The Child Life Graduates. 




No comments:

Post a Comment