Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Poppy's Gift to Me

As most of you know, my poppy passed away a little over a year ago. However, I am still reminded of him every single day, more now than ever before. My aunt and uncle from Florida came up to attend my graduation, as well as my party. Due to their road trip, they were able to bring things up to my family that were my poppy's. Things that we had asked they put aside for us in his house. At that time I knew exactly what I wanted - a bookcase, that I loved and he promised me he'd make for me,  and his old sewing machine. While I haven't done anything with the sewing machine [I'm waiting till I move out to add it to one of the rooms], I immediately brought the bookcase into my room and began adding my books to it.

It's an amazing sight to see, as my poppy was an incredible carpenter and handyman, always fixing things when he came up to visit, and in his own house, of course.

Every time I reach for a book, which I do often, I think of him and all the hard work and love that went into making such a beautiful piece of furniture. I am so happy that I will have this forever, something to remember him by, something to pass down to my kids.




No comments:

Post a Comment