Like I've said in previous posts, I'm a sucker for a good deal - especially when that deal means something is free. So when I see a book in the App Store, for free - I download it. Okay, I don't download all the free ones, only the ones that look interesting to me. So when I found the book Return to You by Kate Perry, I knew I needed to read it, just by the cover alone.
Synopsis from Barnes & Noble:
That rat bastard Michael Wallace is back.
The last person Olivia Parker expects to walk into her lingerie shop is her high school sweetheart. She's so over him. Mostly. Except that he's hotter than ever and still knows her better than she knows herself. But how can she risk her heart when she knows he's just going to leave again?
It's a simple plan: return home, shoot the movie, and leave emancipated from the contract he signed eleven years before. But Michael's plan gets blown away the moment he sees Olivia again. Smart, sexy, and successful, Olivia is distraction personified. Only worse than that—Michael fears Olivia may be his heart and soul…
My Review:
This is the third Laurel Heights novel, and while I've never read the other two, I don't feel as if you have to read the other two - all three are about different characters. Upon reading this book, at first, I thought I was reading the Godfather, because Michael and Olivia's father, Everett Parker, are talking about an agreement. He gave Michael, Olivia's high school boyfriend, a job as a director in California. Her father had already left Olivia when she was young, not having the ability to look at her after he mom died - the resemblance was too much to bear.
Years later, Olivia has opened up a lingerie shop after traveling to Paris. She had a miscarriage after Michael left, unbeknownst to him, and it seems as if the love she had for him still exists. Meanwhile, Michael has been working for her father, but wants to get out of the contract. He wants Olivia back. Both wind up being back in their hometown - Olivia at her shop, Michael filming a movie. A whirlwind of emotions and several love scenes occur, but you'll have to read the book to find out if they get back together or not.
I loved Olivia's character, and found that there was a lot that I could relate to because she seemed so real - and I'm sure every girl has been there. I enjoyed the passionate scenes of love, and felt like they were realistic. I wanted there to be more to the story, and I was sad to see the book end. However, even though the book was a pleasure to read, I felt as if it was sort of predictable, which is why I gave the book 4 stars, instead of 5.
I'd recommend this book for a quick read on a rainy day!
My Rating: 4 Stars









No comments:
Post a Comment