Synopsis from Barnes & Noble:
From #1 New York Times bestselling author Nicholas Sparks comes a love story that explores the deepest mysteries of all-those of the heart.
As a science journalist with a regular column in Scientific American, Jeremy Marsh specializes in debunking the supernatural and has a real nose for the strange and unusual. A born skeptic, he travels to the small town of Boone Creek, North Carolina, determined to find the real cause behind the ghostly apparitions that appear in the town cemetery. What he doesn't plan on, however, is meeting and falling hopelessly in love with Lexie Darnell, granddaughter of the town psychic. Now, if the young lovers are to have any kind of future at all, Jeremy must make a difficult choice: return to the life he knows, or do something he could never do before-take a giant leap of faith.
A story about taking chances and following your heart, TRUE BELIEVER will make you, too, believe in the miracle of love.
My Review:
Even though I was able to get through the book this time, I struggled while reading the first three or four chapters. Once Jeremy Marsh - the main character - meets Lexie, I was hooked and knew that a love story was brewing. However, the brewing was taking longer than I had ever hoped for, especially in a book by Nicholas Sparks, who I believe is great at writing love stories - creating the passion along with the heartbreak in each of his stories. Of course he throws a second man into the love equation, and the triangle becomes frustrating. While I feel bad for this man's affection towards Lexie, I want to see Jeremy and Lexie together, especially after all they've been through together. I liked how this love was formed when Jeremy had the chance to go to Boone Creek to discover the mystery of the cemetery, however, I didn't like what he discovered. I was expecting there to be more mystery, and less foolishness.
Sparks leaves you thinking that though Jeremy and Lexie told each other how they feel, it isn't enough to make their love stick, it isn't enough to make Jeremy stay. I loved the ending, but I honestly didn't enjoy the love story, nor the mystery of Boone Creek Cemetary. The book dragged on when it really only took place over a couple of days.
I did however, have the sequel to the book already, so I began reading that soon after to figure out what happens to Jeremy and Lexie.
My Rating: 3 Stars









No comments:
Post a Comment