I set up a small salad for the two of us as he cooked mussels for an appetizer and chicken francese. He is perfect at timing while cooking, something I certainly have to work on, and everything was cooked perfectly. The mussels were done, so we sat down with a bottle of sangria and dug in. Now I wasn't always a fan of mussels because they not only look weird, but I figured they tasted funny too, until I tried mussels that Sal made for me one night, and since then I've been hooked! I didn't think we were going to finish all of them, but I guess we were hungry because there was nothing left but the shells!
We were then ready for the chicken francese, and Sal presented the dish quite well, I'm not going to lie. Taste is important, but presentation makes it that much more delicious.
Along with the chicken, we had a small caesar salad and warm bread. I can't even begin to describe to you how amazing dinner was. Sal is such an amazing cook, I secretly want to enter him into a competition on the food network channel, like Chopped. If you see him on there one day, you'll know it was my doing!
Afterwards, we washed the dishes, and we headed to the coach to watch the football games with our new jerseys on - yes, I wear a Packer's jersey sometimes. I figured the least I could do was watch some football with the man who had cooked such an incredible dinner. I wasn't even full after, it was a perfect amount of food and it was light, having just a side salad. I baked some cookies, and we enjoyed them, as well as strawberries that he had bought. The combination was extremely tasty!
It's always nice to have relaxing nights in, instead of going out and ordering at a restaurant.
When you can find a sweet man that can cook, you've got a keeper!








HOW CUTE! The dinner looks delicious! I bet it was. lol! My fiance is also an amazing cook. This is a great idea for a date night. Just staying home and making a fab dinner!
ReplyDelete