So over winter break, my friend and I decided to get together and craft all day. Seriously from 2:00pm to about 1:00am, we were crafting at her house. Over the next week I will be posting about each DIY project that you can do! First up, the letter craft.
You know those wooden or white letters from Michael's that cost less than $3.00, especially with a sale, well she bought me one in my basket for Christmas. I was excited to transform it into something I could use for my room, knowing full well my room is about to be re-done.
What You'll Need:
Wooden or White Letter
Paint
Scrapbook paper
Glitter
Scissors or Cricut
Mod Podge
Clearcote Hi-Shine Glaze
Directions:
First I painted the letter a nice shade of silver, because my room would be painted grey, and I thought it would complement it quite nicely.
I then had some trouble deciding what to do next, but finally decided on putting glitter on it. So I put Mod Podge on the letter, sprinkled glitter on top, waited for it to dry, and applied another coat of Mod Podge.
I then found a city on her Cricit and quickly printed one out that would be the perfect size for the bottom of my letter, but I knew there was something missing at the top. So I looked at all of the Cricut cartridges, and eventually found stars, and a circle that I figured could be cut in the shape of a moon. I Mod Podged those on and applied another coat of Mod Podge over each piece. I waited for it to dry and then sprayed it with Clearcote Hi-Shine Glaze. It was finally perfect, and I couldn't wait to bring it home to incorporate in my room.











No comments:
Post a Comment