Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Saying Goodbye... again

Almost two weeks ago, we said goodbye to Sal's friend. He was leaving for Florida again to head down to his Air-force base. We had to say goodbye in September, which really upset me because we had all gotten so close over the summer, between Lake George and all the country concerts. I wasn't as upset [I didn't cry this time] because I had come to terms with him being gone, and I was too busy worrying about other things going on in my life. However, he won't be home until next Christmas. That's a whole year! I couldn't believe it when he told me! Can you imagine not seeing one of your friends for a whole year?! I mean I understand this happens, because there are plenty of men and women protecting our country, but still... it's just unfair sometimes... to be taken away from your loved ones and friends. At least he's alive though, my heart goes out to all of those who have not made it. 

[Tried to recreate Lake George picture]

So on his last night here, we all gathered at Sal's friends house to enjoy some guitar playing & drinks, of course. There was plenty of singing and picture taking, but also talking about life. You wouldn't think we'd need to be talking about life, but we're getting older [ahh!]


I was grateful enough to be standing in front of two men from the armed forces. One a marine and one in the air-force. I say grateful, because I can say thank you to them whenever I see them, and know that I am being protected by two great guys. 

[Best friends.]

I hope everyone has the chance to thank someone for serving in our armed forces, because I know how much they appreciate it. They give up a lot to protect us, and I couldn't be more proud!


So thank you... for all that you do. We couldn't be more proud; we'll miss you, but we'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment