[I just noticed in the first picture from NYE last year, I have my thumbs up too!]
We counted down and that's when my mom appeared on the stairs. We counted down together, as a family, as one unit. No matter what the year brings us, I love to be able to say that I rang in the New Year with my family, because even though we've been through hell and back, we did it together.
Through the fights, the losses, and the financial worries, we made it through 2011. Here's to hoping that 2012 brings pure happiness and joy. My mom has quit smoking since that night. I couldn't be more proud of her. It's been 10 days since she has touched a cigarette. How amazing!? My brother and I have been pushing her to quit for years now, but I guess she needed to do it on her own.
As for me, I've decided to choose my resolutions quite differently than last year. In 2011, I wanted to exercise more, which aside from taking a Tennis class, I didn't do much of; blog more, which I started to do more towards the end of the year or when I didn't have to worry about classes; volunteer more, which I did in the hospital under the supervision of a Child Life specialist; begin writing my own book, which I started by getting ideas down on paper; travel, which I did here and here; bake more, which I did and can be seen here; and laugh and smile more often, which was probably my most successful resolution.
This year I want to set achievable goals for myself:
I want to always look at the small things in life and enjoy them...
I want to spend time with those I love, and only surround myself with positive people...
I want to always keep my mind open to learning new things...
I want to be healthier and happier....
I want to write more and keep track of every day that passes...
I want to love more than I've ever loved before...
and I want to live...
Happy New Year! What are your resolutions?









No comments:
Post a Comment