Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, January 21, 2012

DIY: Mini Clipboard


The next DIY project that my friend and I worked on was a DIY clipboard. She had bought me a mini clipboard, along with the letter for my birthday... to re-do them. She had a few left at her house, so she decided to re-do one for herself as well. 

I searched through the scrapbook paper she had, and found the perfect one, in shades of green and blue, my favorite. When I added it to the clipboard, it looked like it was missing something. Thankfully she had her Cricut, and we were able to cut out a large K, the first letter of my name, to put on top! It looked great, and I couldn't wait to start using it. 


What You'll Need: 

Mini Clipboard [mine is from Michael's]
Mod Podge
Scrapbook paper [cut to fit]
optional - Cricut 

Directions:


Cut the scrapbook paper to fit the clipboard. Apply Mod Podge to the clipboard, and place scrapbook paper on to the clipboard. Smooth out and wait till it dries, about 15 minutes. Apply a coat of Mod Podge on top of the scrapbook paper, and let dry, again another 15 minutes. 

I then cut out the 'K' on the Cricut machine, and added that to the clipboard with Mod Podge. After waiting for it to dry, I added another layer of Mod Podge, to ensure that everything was going to stick.



2 comments: